Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Squeee! and my summer

Summer is THIS close, or at least that's how it feels. Maybe that's just me, just because I have 1 day of school left- and then I have a month of studying for Bagruyot. Actually, I can probably say it's summer already, at least in this country, because it's HOT.
Can anyone tell I'm in a good mood? I think I can attribute that to... PotterCast. What else is new?
So, yeah. On this week's wonderful Episode #88, the awesome PotterCasters announced that they're going on TOUR!
Let me clarify. I don't live in America, I hope that's obvious. I'm not even going to be there this summer. But I'm so so so so excited that the PotterCasters are going on tour, doing 23 live shows across America, and will be posting tons of podcasts, videos and pictures for unfortunate people like me who can't be there. So... just one more thing to make my summer more fun- and more packed.
So, my summer is going to be insanely busy. My almost-last Bagrut (chemistry) is on June 5th, which is very early. I graduate, as does Mira :-(, on June 17th. I'm going to see the international tour version of Mamma Mia! on the 18th in Tel Aviv. After this became the reason Mira and I are graduating on the same day (long story, don't ask), I really hope it's good!
On July 4th, I start the preparatory course for my psychometric test (which Israelis need to take in order to get into university). That means a lot of work over the summer, but I had to do it at some point. I'll also be studying for a very late Bagrut, to improve my math grade, on July 16th. And all this with massive amounts of PotterCast to entertain me while I study. And when I'm not studying, hopefully I'll be writing. And doing all that other stuff I've been meaning to do forever, like improving this blog.
On July 10th, I'll be at the airport early in the morning to watch my mother's entire side of the family making Aliyah on Nefesh B'Nefesh. We are all so psyched about this! And then most of them will be living with us for a couple of weeks, so that should be fun.
July 21st! Drumroll... As soon as Shabbat is over, I get in the car/on the bus and go to the mall to pick up Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. And then I read it, and read it, and read it. And then it will be OVER. (BTW, I only realized a few days ago that Harry and I are graduating the same year. How weird is that?)
Then it's back to more studying. At some point, during the summer, we'll be going up north, and at another point I have a pre-sherut seminar.
And at the very end of the summer, I start my Sherut Leumi. Wow, I'm old. I've been in school for 12 years. That's a really really long time. (That was the very short reflective portion of this post. Now it's over.)
Anyway, I just hope it's an awesome summer. For everyone!
BTW, check this out. LOL.

No comments: