Thursday, May 17, 2007

Know how I love things that make you feel good?

That said, I watched such an awesome movie tonight! Elizabethtown. It just, like, makes you feel happy. Except for the little parts that make fun of death (wow, that was really pessimistic.) and the occasional weirdness, it just has such a great feeling.
In short, the movie is about Drew (Orlando Bloom), who's just lost his job after a massive failiure, and feels completely lost. Then his father dies, and Drew is sent to meet his father's family in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. The combination of the small-town charm, all the things he learns about his father, and the influence of Claire (Kirsten Dunst), one of those really optimistic people, brought him back to finding himself. Actually, it sounds a bit like Cars when I put it like that, just it's not animated.
So this movie had a lot of the small town/road trip across America stuff that I love. You take that and put it with great background music, and it's not at all surprising that I loved this movie. Not to mention, Orlando Bloom is so cute...
To change the subject, I kinda feel like my father and I are in surgery. We're trying to fix my computer- or rather, he's trying, and I'm the worried relative he reports back to. Nothing life-threatening, I don't need him to tell me that, but it's just been slow (and it's not even four years old, *sniff*) and some of the changes he did yesterday actually had some negative consequences, which just means we need more work. Oh, well. At least I'm back in the XP look.
Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: