Thursday, May 10, 2007

Potter fans are so cool.

For a few months now, I've been re-listening to old PotterCasts and MuggleCasts. Actually, I've been listening to all of them in order, which is turning out to take years...
Anyway, I'm now up to the episodes from last summer, with all those events going on in Vegas and the beautiful Jo Rowling coming to New York. (HA! And we thought last summer was jam-packed and really cool.) Everything that happened involved hordes of people like me (except not me, even though I was in the country). It was just so cool. Potter people, when they get together, whether it's to support some cause, or to shriek like crazy at the sight of Emerson Spartz, or just to have fun, they just really show their strength. What other fandom is that huge?
And then you have Melissa Anelli and the book she's writing on this whole thing. That definitely couldn't happen anywhere else.
I just had to vent.
EDIT: PotterCast #50 just made me tear up. Wow.
Yeah, episode 50 is actually pretty great. Dobby is freeee, and what made me tear up was actually Melissa telling John and Sue that they're going to the NYC premiere of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. That was so sweet...

No comments: