Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My life... is changing drastically.

I am a woman of many obsessions. I see/read/watch something, I like it, I Google it and I get hooked on it. This is my thing- I'm a fan of just about everything. And, ironically, at the same time when my school life is ending, a lot of these obsessions of mine are ending too:
  • Harry Potter. I've been posting about this on here for 3 months now, ever since we found out that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the 7th and final HP book, will be released on July 21st, 2007. Needless to say, this makes me sad, especially since HP has been a huge part of my life longer than any of the other things on this list...
  • For Better or For Worse. I've been reading this comic strip since sometime around 2002/3, and reading it daily online since 2005, maybe? I've never posted about it on here, but I feel like the Pattersons, the family it follows, are like my friends. Basically, the strip has been following Elly and John Patterson and their kids, Michael, Elizabeth and April, since 1979. Unlike most comic strips, these people grow up, and they actually have a life, not to mention a storyline. Consider that Mike was 3 when the strip started, and now he's married with 2 kids... Anyway, after almost 27 years, author Lynn Johnston is ending the strip this fall. The thing is, because there is actually a story, it feels like this is a TV show finale. Actually, I've noticed the plot has been getting more intense lately, like we're building up towards a season finale... and I can't wait to see what happens at the end! But it's still sad, I'm going to miss the Pattersons...
  • Gilmore Girls. I don't really want to say this, but it's being considered to end the show after the 7th and current season. This may not really count, because nothing's decided yet, but the fact is, it may be over. (Of course, I haven't seen any of Season 7 yet, because it's not on DVD, but it doesn't stop it from being over.) BTW, if you're interested in getting involved, the GG fansite www.gilmoregirls.org is campaigning for an 8th season. If you want a Season 8, check it out here.
  • High school. Yes, life as I know it is over. I'm going out into the world (*sniff*) and will be working for a change, not to mention not living at home!

So, yeah. My life is really changing. The good news is, maybe now that all this stuff is ending, I'll have more time! Or, maybe not.

No comments: