Thursday, July 26, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I just watched the latest installment in the Harry Potter film series, and it was kinda good. The movie came out before Deathly Hallows, the final book, but I think it enhanced my movie experience having read the book before. Just a few things that made me smile, or things that looked vaguely like foreshadowing, or the one time where I'm listening to a certain character talk, and suddenly I say to myself, "Oh, I forgot. He died." And that wasn't a minor character either.
I just have to say, Evanna Lynch, who joined the cast for this movie as Luna Lovegood (who I really love!) was awesome. I've thought Evanna was really cool for months, because she's been a huge HP fan for years. She's actually written to Jo and recieved a reply, and Jo had expressed an opinion that she just is Luna. Luna is basically really weird, totally blunt, (in an endearing sort of way) and believes in everything she hears. Evanna has said in an interview that as long as there's no proof that something doesn't exist, it can exist. Anyway, Evanna was just the perfect Luna.
Right now I'm listening to the first post-DH episode of PotterCast, and the intro was done by Rupert Grint, who plays Ron. And then I realized that he actually did a great job in this movie. The fact is, most of the cast did, beacuse my complaints with the movie were content-related. But for the first four movies, Ron was this little wimp who always looked like he was going to throw up. Now, he just kind of felt stronger. It was pretty cool.
Speaking of that episode of PotterCast, they're really confusing me. I'm thinking of the movie, but they're talking about the book...
In other HP news, Jo just keeps talking, and now she gave some new info on the futures of some of the survivors of DH. I'm really waiting for that encyclopedia now. :-)

No comments: