Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Deathly Hallows epilogue

I am by no means done venting about the book, some of that venting may show up on here at some point, but right now I need to share a beautiful blog post I just read. I saw the link to this post on PotterCast.com, and the blogger in question is (Hotttttt) Cheryl Klein, who works for Arthur Levine, Jo Rowling's editor at Scholastic. Cheryl is a huge HP fan herself, and she's read the book something like six months ago. Now she's posted her opinion on it, and the best part is it explained the beauty of the epilogue that I hadn't seen. I'd just been thinking the epilogue was way to cheesy for my liking, even though it was the end of Potter and all. Now I realize why she did it, and I love Cheryl for clarifying that to me. It even made me teary... The link to the post is here, but I have to say that if you haven't read the book and have any remote desire to do so, don't read Cheryl's post! Seriously, DON'T! SPOILER WARNING!
On a similiar subject, Jo has announced that she's going to write that encyclopedia we've been speculating about. She's been writing notes about her characters, that didn't make it into the books, for as long as she's been writing HP. So we're going to be getting 17 years worth of backstory, random details, and, most importantly, info on the futures of more of the characters who survived DH!

No comments: