Monday, August 06, 2007

I haven't been home in 9 days...

I was at my preparatory seminar for Sherut Leumi, and I have to admit it was pretty good. I had no desire to be stuck there for over a week, and the week went really slowly and took forever to get through. But I did learn a lot of useful (and useless...) stuff about working in a school. And the bottom line is, it was a lot of fun. I already knew most of the girls I'll be living with, because we were in Ariel for a Shabbat a few weeks ago, but it was nice to get to know them better. So we were in this high school for a week, with 500 soon to be Sherut Leumi girls. The quality of the seminar was quite nice, and they did a lot of awesome stuff outside of the classes. It was pretty cool, actually.
Today, after the seminar was over, I didn't go home but went to the movies with my family. We saw Hairspray, which is based on the Broadway musical. I had no desire to see it on Broadway, but now I really want to. It was a pretty cool musical, set in the 50's, about promoting equality (and too much hairspray) and it reminded me a lot of High School Musical, though I'm convinced that this has nothing to do with the fact that Zac Efron starred as "the cute guy". Oh, and he actually has a really good voice! (He didn't sing most of the music in HSM because his voice wasn't right for it, which is something that bothers me a lot because Andrew Seeley, who sang most of Zac's parts, wasn't credited at all.) The music is a lot of fun and the dancing is awesome. Basically, this is great movie, go watch it!
So I have this tendency of posting links on here when I see a good video online, and I just have to plug this one because it's so nice. It talks about the workaholism in the world today and how it can drive us crazy and we should take a break and enjoy this beautiful world...
The other thing about being away for a week is that I had so little spare time. I kept forgetting to call home because the schedule was so packed, but what I found even more surprising was that I finally got over Harry Potter. Although I did have a long talk about it on Shabbat afternoon. Anyway, it's not like I'm completely back to being absorbed in it now that I'm home, but while I was away there was a live webchat with Jo posted online where she answered a lot of stuff about the books. A lot of it I thought was cool, except for the identity of the killer of one of the victims of Deathly Hallows which I thought was quite disturbing. But anyway...

No comments: