Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Woohoo!

Today was the day where my life changed forever. In that I now have all of my immediate relatives on my mother's side living within 45 minutes (worst case scenario) of my house. Actually, at the moment, they're all living in my house, but never mind that.
So yeah. Today, the first Nefesh B'Nefesh flight of the summer landed in Tel Aviv, and my grandmother, my uncle and his family were on it. Now they're all Israeli!
So I got up at 5:30. Mira even came home from camp for this. We got in the car around 6:10 and somehow, being in the car seemed to be bad luck. We got caught in a massive traffic jam that involved just not moving and being yelled at by some jerks. My mother was afraid we would miss the flight coming in, and we were all pretty annoyed. And on the way back, there was more traffic because of a bad car accident. Plus other little things, like having no gas in the tank.
We didn't miss the flight. We stood around for awhile and talked to other people who came to welcome my cousins and other people who were there. Then it was announced that the flight had landed, so we all went outside (regretting that we couldn't see it land like we could in previous years when NBN was smaller). Mira and I moved around looking for a good place to stand with the sign I made and stood there for some more time waiting for the people to show up. We ran around a bit, because the shuttles with the Olim came to different places in front of us, and just waited because all of my family was on the 3rd shuttle. But they finally did come, and gave everyone a million breathless hugs, and then we went inside to calm down. The sign thing didn't really work well, but that was OK. And then we just talked to them and hung out, realizing that they're really here and not going home this time... because they are home! LOL. And then there were speeches, which I didn't listen to so much, except when they said something that required applause or cheering, which I did excitedly. I was in something of a good mood. Then we left and went home, and they came home an hour-ish later.
So now everybody's here. They're all staying with us now, but my cousins are moving in with a friend in Neve Daniel in a few days and into their house there when it's ready. Savta is moving to her apartment in Yerushalayim in August. And we're all still getting over the euphoria.

No comments: