Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It's all over!!!!

So. I had a chemistry bagrut today. Actually, I had my last bagrut today. (Almost. We'll ignore that little detail for now.) So I'm freeee! The bagrut went well, and unless I undergo a massive change of mind, I'm never going to study chemistry again.
After the bagrut, we had a party with my chemistry class at my teacher's house. That was a lot of fun. My teacher is such a cutie! For the most part, we just said our goodbyes... but it was fun. We ordered chemistry T-shirts, and took a lot of pictures. And we bought thank-you gifts for the teacher- a basketball, which we all signed, because she plays, and a lava lamp, which she gave us an explanation as to how it works.
Going home, I wore this shirt, which says, in Hebrew, "So now we know that proteins are made up of amino acids." I felt like I could have worn this shirt to my audition for Beauty and the Geek, if only I were a guy. That, and in my bag I had a paper cup with the periodic table on it that my teacher had brought back from Toronto. So nerdy, but I didn't mind. Mainly because I knew most of my classmates were wearing the same shirt all over the city...
On the way home, I had a short phase of being very sad that school is over. Basically, life as I know it is really over, although not officially yet, because I haven't graduated. I haven't not gone to school since I was 3, and I haven't worked for more than a summer... in this lifetime. Oh, and I really loved high school. (And things got slightly worse when I saw the word "last" in the show notes for this week's PotterCast, because this is the last episode before they go on tour, which will be fun, but after that, there's no more Potter...)
OK, now I need an abrupt change of subject, because I like to post on here whenever I see a good movie. And this week's subject is none other than The Princess Bride! I saw a tiny snippet of it, years ago, and I thought it looked either stupid or scary- I don't remember which one it was. Anyway, I had always been told that "you have to see this movie, it's a classic!" but that first impression had stuck with me and I just had no desire to see it. Anyway my teacher said she loves that movie, and she had it in the house, so we watched it. Let me tell you, that movie is really a classic. It's funny, it's a fairy tale, and I've heard a lot of praise for that duel- and it completely deserves it! I'm not a big fan of action, but that was so cool. So, that was a lot of fun.
One last note: I finally caved in and got Facebook... and that's all for now.

No comments: