Monday, June 25, 2007

Graduation trip?

My parents took me away for two days as a graduation gift, and I have to say it was a lot of fun.
We stayed at this place called Amirey Hagalil outside of Tzfat. It was really adorable! I felt like I was in the Dragonfly Inn from Gilmore Girls. The hotel is also a spa, and I discovered that whoever invented terry robes is a genius, though I was kinda self conscious wearing it through the lobby to my first ever spa treatment... I don't like massages, but I got a facial and it was actually pretty cool. Very relaxing...
For dinner last night we went to this quaint place on the outskirts of Tzfat. It was a bit confusing to find, but it was worth it. It had a cute, Tzfat-like ambiance and the food was really good. (I was impressed that my ravioli was natural-colored on one side and pink on the other.) We left the place completely stuffed, and then crashed back at the hotel.
After my facial, we went to Zichron Yaakov and walked around there. We read some of the signs about the history of the Moshava (Moshava means colony or settlement and there are only 2 or 3 places in Israel that are still referred to like that) and called this number they have where you can listen to recordings with explanations, but that kind of flopped. This is one of the oldest settlements in Israel and is named after the Baron Rothschild's father, because of the Baron's help. It's also one of the cutest places I've been to in awhile. We walked along the main street, going into random art stores and such. We had lunch at the most charming (and one of the few Kosher) place in that very charming area.
I've been trying to find a Stars Hollow in Israel that I can actually live in. Zichron may actually be it. It's so cute, there may be enough people there that are my type, but I'm not sure if it's too big. Oh, well. It's not like I need to decide now.
On a completely unrelated note (I always say that, don't I?), I got the results of the third and last WOMBAT back and I got the highest grade possible. I got the same grade on the second one, yet I just passed the first, which, ironically, was the easiest. What I thought was cool was that along with my award I got a recommendation to apply for a teaching job at Hogwarts. If only I could...

No comments: