Monday, January 02, 2006

*sniff*

I've just been hit with the sad realitztion that Harry Potter is almost over. I've been hooked for a long time, and it's been only the books (and Jo. We can't forget Jo.) for me. I've never particularly loved the movies, and even though I raved about the last movie, that was just because they did an amazing job based on the book, but it's definitely not one of my favorite movies.
But the books. Jo Rowling has big plans for 2006, which are to write the LAST HP book. LAST. And it just hit me. I was never really sad about it before, like I know other HP fans are. I have quite a few other things in my life besides HP, and I should be able to get over it. A lot of people talk about missing the speculation, but I don't think I'm going to miss that. Like, it will be missing, but I'll have all the answers I need to my questions, so I don't think I'm going to be too sad about that.
It's just like, there will be no more Harry Potter books. This was emphasized to me in a quote I read on www.the-leaky-cauldron.org by Melissa, the webmistress: "Opening a Harry Potter book for the first time is a rare gift, and we've only got one left." I almost cried when I saw that, and I realized how right she is. It's over.
So I'm not a fan of the movies, but obviously I'll see them all anyway. Being that I'm not a fan of theirs, they won't be keeping me in the "fandom". The HP part of my life will have to really live for the 8th book or the encyclopedia Jo said she probably won't but "never say never" write.
And speaking of Jo, I am a huge fan of hers, and also of her website. I think it is possible for the Potter-Freak in me to live through the updates to her site, and anything else she may write. Please, Jo, write!
Waaaaahhhhh.......

No comments: