Monday, January 09, 2006

Everything's good!


Wow, I have a gazillion things going on right now.
First is the Symphonia. Every year my school had a big event 2 days before Tu Bishvat called the festival. What they did was choose a topic, and each grade had to compose two songs under that theme and then put together a dance to go with the song. It was a contest judged by a representative from each grade and a group of teachers. And everything else was provided by the 11th grade. I'm talking about the scenery, the decorations around the school, the MC's, the skits, the dances that weren't part of the contest, the costumes for the skits and dances, and just about everything else. The festival was always held in the school. Oh, and my grade has won first place for the past 3 years, plus a third place 2 years ago, because of some rather talented people. Anyway, this year we're in 11th grade so it's our turn to do it, but they're changing it. The school decided it needs more content, so they turned it into a musical. From now on, they'll choose a person from Tanach every year, all of the songs will be related to the person, and the play will be made up of Midrashim and stories from Tanach that match the songs. And they renamed it "HaSymphonia Hashvi'it" (The 7th Symphony, because 11th grade is called the Shvi'it, which means 7th year) and moved it to a theater. So our person is David Hamelech, and the name of our musical is "Shiru Lamelech". I was on the text committee, and I've been missing a ton of classes to find stories and write the script. Now rehearsals have started, for the play and the dances that enhance it, not to mention the song and dance we're entering in the contest. They wanted me to dance, but that was so not happening. Anyway, the Symphonia is this coming Sunday, so last night we stayed in school. I left for a few hours for my (first!) driving lesson, but other than that I was in school the whole night. We painted the scenery until 10, had a great time, and it came out gorgeous!!! (See picture.) And then we watched a rough version of the play and the dances, and I have to say, it's going to be amazing! We went to sleep in the school dorm around 1, and we were aching all over from the painting on the floor while trying to avoid the wet paint. Then we had school the next day, and we were all falling over. The one good thing was getting up at 8 because we were already in school. Then today they let us out early for more rehearsals, and since I'm not dancing or acting I went home. Thank Goodness.
Another thing going on is- I DROVE YESTERDAY!!!! Although it wasn't that thrilling, because I had close to no idea what I was doing. I've heard it's more thrilling as of the second lesson, so I have that to look forward to. Then I got back to school and had to endure everyone I saw going "HOW WAS IT????", so by the time I talked to my mother and she asked how my lesson was, all I could say was, "Fine."
What else? School. I have a major paper due in about a month...
Ummm... my (Hebrew) birthday is tomorrow which is also Asarah B'Tevet- a fast which also commemorated the Holocaust. Have an easy fast, everyone.
Last but least, my cousins are coming to visit us in a week and a half in preparation for their upcoming Aliyah. We're so excited!
Gevalt, I think that's it. Overall, I would say my mood is good!

No comments: