Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Wizard of Oz: Followup

I watched this movie tonight because I've become somewhat obsessed with the other side of its story. I wanted to sit there watching it and just see it completely differently, because I love Elphaba and Glinda and the wizard is a jerk.
So... the first conclusion I came to is: I hate old movies.
Next, every time I saw Elphie in the movie, I had to keep repeating to myself that she's annoyed and misunderstood. I hated that. I love her, which is just another reason I have no desire to watch that movie too often...
And Glinda! I so prefer the dumb blonde. In the movie, she's this queen-like thing and never says anything like "The 'Ga' is silent."
The wizard was great. He is and will always be the idiotic phony he is. We don't like him.
BTW, I really liked the Scarecrow and the Tin Man. In Wicked the book, they were almost irrelevant, in the musical *ahem* less so. (This is the only thing I didn't like about the musical...) So there wasn't much for me to complain about regarding them. They were cute.
Anyway, that's it. Not really my thing...

No comments: