Monday, February 26, 2007

The coolest Potter news since the announcement of the release date!

I was listening to PotterCast today, like I always do, and I had noticed in the show notes that Melissa had a big announcement. Being that I am quite in awe of Melissa, I was rather curious to hear what it was.
So. Get this: Melissa Anelli, of PotterCast and The Leaky Cauldron, is writing a book. Now, the staff of MuggleNet also wrote a book, which rather interested me, which is full of their opinions on what happens in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I didn't read it, but I was quite impressed that they did that.
But no. Melissa is writing a book on the experience of being a Harry Potter fan. The entire fandom, from the podcasts to the Wizard Rock (Potter-themed music). John and Sue will be starring in it... as will Dawlish.
This is just so awesome, because we've all gone through this same experience. This is a book I'll want to read, when it comes out in November 2008.
Oh, and the blog challenge for this week, courtesy of John Noe, is to design the teaser poster for the movie based on Melissa's book. That was a joke, and as it happens I have no idea what to put on that poster anyway.
So, I am so excited about this. Congratulations, Melissa! This totally made my day.

No comments: