Sunday, December 09, 2007

Wow, I'm late.

So, I was behind on a post from last week. That comes out to something like 10 days ago. I don't think anything of note really happened that week, except for Shabbat at Savta's which was a lot of fun. It was basically us 6 girls in her apartment all Shabbat, except for when we went to shul. Just hanging out, and talking. Meanwhile, my parents were alone with my little brothers, who, as it turned out, are quite capable of doing things like clearing the table and drying dishes. Who knew? And as soon as we got home after Shabbat, Natani said: "You three are never going away for Shabbat together again!" And lo and behold, they didn't do any work this week. Wow.
So. Chanukah. I'm one of the lucky ones who has off the whole week (except Wednesday) because I work in a school which is closed. We had a bit of a scare on Wednesday where it looked like the principal was going to make us work, but it got worked out and all I lost out of it was missing candle lighting with my family (on the 2nd night, because on the 1st night I lit in my apartment) and I had to light later. Oh well.
Oh, wait. There was one thing last week. I went to a Hafgana against the splitting of Yerushalayim. It was quite awhile ago, so there's not much I can think of to report on it. Oh well.
I saw a movie last night. Anyone who knows what it's about and knows me should know that this is just basically my movie. Enchanted is about this fairy tale princess, who is banished by her prince's evil stepmother (who doesn't want them to get married so that the prince won't take the crown away from her) to modern-day New York. So it starts out animated like any Disney movie, with Giselle falling out of a tree (long story) and into the arms of her "true love", Prince Edward. And then, just as they're about to get married (the next day, of course) she gets pushed down a well and emerges under a pothole in Times Square, no longer animated. Basically, the rest of the story is her trying to get back to Edward, (who comes to New York to find her, along with his stepmother, her servant, and a little chipmunk friend of Giselle's, who finds himself unable to speak in New York) along the way falling in love with a New York lawyer, Robert. What's really cool about this movie is that it basically proves that there is no such thing as true love (but not in a bad way, because this is still Disney) and references all of the Disney movies. I'm not going to say too much on that, if you want to know more, go see the movie. Everyone will like it, I guarantee!
The other two important things that happened last night were my discovery that my Sherut Leumi card gets me the soldier's discount at the movies, and my first ever purchase from Michal Negrin...
And that's about it. Have a good week!

No comments: