Sunday, December 17, 2006

Eragon

Now is the time where I need to post on my blog and tell everybody whether or not I liked the Eragon movie, and the sad fact is I have no idea what to say.
First of all, they made quite a few unnecessary changes from the book. Too many. Some of them may be because they weren't sure they were doing a sequel, but a lot of them were for no good reason.
That said, I think if I hadn't read the book the movie would be pretty good. Some of the actors weren't great, but I was very impressed by Ed Speleers (Eragon), who is a new actor. The more experienced actors (especially Jeremy Irons as Brom) were great. Although the relationship between those two characters was supposed to be closer than it was in the movie. Not to mention that the relationship between Eragon and his dragon Saphira (voiced by Rachel Weisz)was supposed to be very very tight, and it wasn't. Oh, well. Such is life.
Oh, and they completely butchered Angela, who's one of my favorite characters in the book. I don't know what was up with the movie Angela, but they might as well have cut her for all the difference she made.
So, did I like the movie? I have no idea.

No comments: