Monday, December 19, 2005

Harry Potter 4!

Well, I finally did it. I saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire today. I loved it!!!! I have never raved about a HP movie like I raved about this one. I seriously had a desire to go right back into the theater and watch it again. I just can’t get over it. I never felt so much emotion in a HP movie, and I applaud everyone involved for that. It probably has to do with the fact that this movie has the first death, but it was just so good! Of course, if you asked me to criticize it I would go on and on, most of the criticism focusing on Michael Gambon (Dumbledore) who is just too cold. I’m really worried about his character in the next movies- I just can’t see him doing it well. I loved what they did to Cedric, how they emphasized his nice personality (which I never really noticed that well in the books) so it would be sad when he died. And on a similar note, I was really disappointed at Sirius’ absence- what was that all about??? The rest of the actors did a good job, though I didn’t get why everyone was raving about Ralph Fiennes (Voldemort). All that said, I think my favorite part was when Dumbledore said you have to be 17 to enter the Tournament. I just turned 17 yesterday, and I was with a friend who also had her 17th birthday last month.
And I just had to point out, if you haven’t read the book, DON’T SEE THE MOVIE! The girl next to me hadn’t read it, so she was always asking her friend questions and pretty much driving me crazy.

No comments: