Thursday, December 15, 2005

4 hours to get home!

I left school at 4 today. School is a 1/2 hour ride from home, except that I didn't have a ride today. When I don't have a ride, I take the 21 bus to the Central Bus Station and from there take the 5:00 bus to Efrat and get home at 6:00. So I was waiting for the bus, and around 4:40 they announced that there was something that looks like a car bomb on the road to Efrat, the road was closed and would likely not be opened for about 3 hours. So before doing any research, I called a friend of mine in Yerushalayim. I knew she was planning on going to the new Harry Potter movie which I haven't seen yet and really want to, so it wouldn't be a big deal if I joined her for that. She said I would be welcome to come with her but they were going to the 7:30 movie. I then proceeded to do more research about whether or not to go home. I found someone to ask and was told the buses would still be running, but taking different roads which would obviously take more time. So I scratched the movie idea and planned on taking the 5:00 bus. The bus came at 5:45 because it took that long to get to the station, just when I was about to consider finding a better way to get home. I got on the bus, and it did its regular route but then went a different direction to get to Efrat. We were on the bus for 2 hours, crawling most of the time, and I walked into the house at 8:00.

No comments: