Saturday, February 02, 2008

I'm eating a clone?

Hey! I'm in a good mood at the moment, although I don't know why. Oh well.
So what happened this week? Well it snowed. It didn't snow much in Ariel, but since Israelis react to the tiniest bit of snow (In Ariel, that means a bit of white on some cars) I didn't have to work on Thursday. My siblings didn't have school on Wednesday either. The bad news was that I woke up sick on Thursday, so I basically lost the snow day, plus the snow made it take me over 4 hours to get home. But then from 3:00 onward, I didn't do anything so it wasn't so bad.
Anyway, this Shabbat was really nice. We had the whole family here and celebrated 2 birthdays- Savta's and Noam's. We're still new with the whole "having extended family members on the same continent" thing, so we make a big deal of Shabbatot together and things like birthdays. But I'm away during the week, so I don't see as much of the relatives as everyone else does. So I had a really great time on Shabbat.
This past Sunday I started the application process for Sherut Leumi out of Israel for next year. I'm still not sure I want to do it and goodness knows the process is terrible and I may not get accepted, but I figure I should go along with it until either I or the people in charge decide it's not right for me. So I have an interview for that this week, I hope it goes well!
I'm experimenting with more podcasts lately, because they're fun to listen to and can be listened to on my iPod. At the moment I'm listening to two women talk about being green, hence the random title of this post, which is also the title of the episode I'm sampling. Apparently clones have the potential to be healthy meat. Sounds gross, IMHO.
I think that's about it for the moment. Have a great week! And don't bite the bedbugs.

No comments: