Monday, March 05, 2007

Purim in Yerushalayim

Today is Purim in Yerushalayim (it was yesterday in Efrat.) so I'm not celebrating it today. But I was in Yerushalayim this morning, and I just kinda loved being there, even though I wasn't in on the Purim stuff. My driving teacher had the radio on during my lesson, and they were playing Purim music. I had an hour to kill in the mall (because the bus schedule is a pain in the morning) and all these random employees were wearing hats and tiaras and such... kids at bus stops were in costume, and there were three buildings from Mini Israel on display at the mall that were advertising that kids in costume get in to Mini Israel for free...
In completely other news, I went into a bookstore in the mall to check, and I found out that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will indeed be in my wonderful country on July 21st. Yay!

No comments: