Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer's starting...

  • There are two more days of school. That is just so sad. It's the beginning of the end. No, scratch that. The end has already begun. I could start rattling off how many of this and that we have left, but I'm not going to. It would just make me sadder. So yeah, after this Monday, there are probably a lot of kids in school I'm just not going to see again, and that's sad. It's been tough at times, but I'm going to miss them. And the teachers too...

  • Since my Sherut goes until the end of July, for the next month (almost) I'll be working in a day camp in Ariel. I don't have any details yet, but hopefully it won't be too bad a way to end the year. (*sniff*)

  • That was an interesting night. It was a bit crazy at home because my sister Sarah is leaving tonight for the US. As for me, I'm doing the usual come-home-for-20-hours thing before I go back to Ariel for Shabbat tomorrow. My parents were at a Bat Mitzvah. And in the middle of all that, the elementary school near our house decided fireworks would be a nice touch for their graduation. Somehow, everyone else in the house freaked out during the first round, thinking it was gunshots, while I saw the light outside and knew what it was. Then there was a longer round, and everyone else was outside watching, and I thought it really did sound more like gunshots than fireworks and dragged Noam into the protected room in the basement. Looking back, it was a bit funny, but they really shouldn't do that kind of thing.

I think the end of school is the biggest thing that could be happening right around now, so I guess that'll be it.

Hakuna Matata! Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: